The main aims of this course are the following:
- To familiarize students with the concepts and methods of foreign aid and development effectiveness.
- To acquaint participants with the international setting of foreign aid and development effectiveness (including the main actors, their categories and characteristics).
- To familiarize students with the evolution of the development effectiveness debate and its main milestones.
- To develop a comprehension of the array of factors influencing the effectiveness of development projects.
- To develop an understanding of how development programmes and projects are monitored and evaluated.
- To provide students with examples of how the principles of development effectiveness were applied.