Defense of diploma thesis
- A month before defending the diploma thesis, the student (or supervisor) is obliged to send to the ISAD Office (by e-mail) information on the title of the diploma thesis and the name of the supervisor and reviewer. Please check the thesis title carefully before sending, as the student will be responsible for all typos and errors in the thesis title.
- After entering the data into the USOS system by the ISAD Office, the student enters an abstract, key words, and then uploads a file with the thesis in PDF format to the AP. We will inform you about opening the system. Please enter the thesis till 15th June.
At least 10 days before the date of defense, the following documents should be submitted to the ISAD office:
- A statement from the AP system whose author is a work
- A statement about MS Teams access
- MS Teams access statement
- Application for issue of certified copies of documents certifying completion of studies translated into English – the original diploma is issued in Polish
- Accounts in libraries should also be closed before defense (by call or email to the library office)
- Students should have all grades in the USOS system
In the link below you can find the list of diploma exam questions, as agreed at certain point. Exam questions are based on obligatory courses, hence there is 10 questions for all of you and 10 for each specialization. At the exam itself you'll answer two questions referring to you MA theses and one from this list (randomly chosen).
In accordance with § 22 of JU Rules for the Students, the basis for counting general outcome of study shall be:
1) mean grade from all courses covered by the course of study, calculated in accordance with the Regulation,
2) grade for diploma thesis, if it is required by study programme,
3) grade for diploma exam or arithmetical mean of grades in the case of sitting diploma exam for more than one time.
General outcome of study shall be established as the sup of 4/8 of the mean grade of grades referred to in point 1 - mean grade from all courses covered by the course of study , 3/8 of the grade referred to in point 2 - grade for diploma thesis and 1/8 of the grade referred to in point 3 - grade for diploma exam or arithmetical mean of grades in the case of sitting diploma exam for more than one time .
General outcome of study is entered on a graduation diploma in accordance with the following rule:
- 4,51 – 5,00 – very good
- 4,21 – 4,50 – good plus
- 3,71 – 4,20 – good
- 3,21 – 3,70 – satisfactory plus
- up to 3,20 – satisfactory
Together with graduation diploma a graduate receives supplement to diploma including a list of passed courses within the course of study and obtained grades.
Receipt of the diploma and supplement:
-personally by the graduate
-on the basis of authorization granted by the graduate -in case of doubt - on the basis of an officially certified authorization
-upon request, in exceptional circumstances, by post with confirmation of receipt.