Skip to main content

Web Content Display Web Content Display

𝐉𝐨𝐢𝐧 𝐮𝐬!

Web Content Display Web Content Display

Web Content Display Web Content Display

Useful Information

National visa

Visa applications of Non-EU candidates are submitted to the Polish consulate in the country of residence of the candidate. You will need to include additional documents in your visa application, such as your passport photo, documents justifying the purpose of your visit or confirming that you have enough resources to support yourself during your stay. More information can be found on the Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs website.

After admission, you should apply for a long-stay Polish national visa (marked with a D symbol). Such visas are issued for a period of no longer than a year.

Apostille and legalisation

Higher education diploma and graduation certificates obtained outside of Poland need to be certified with an apostille or legalised. If you hold an International Baccalaureate diploma or a European Baccalaureate certificate, there is no need for an apostille or legalisation.

What is an apostille?

An apostille is a stamp or a printed form that allows official documents issued in one country to be legally recognised in another. The apostille was introduced within the Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalisation for Foreign Public Documents and can be used in countries that have signed the convention.

An apostille is issued in the same country that produced the document in question. The Hague Conference website enlists all institutions issuing apostilles.

What does legalisation mean?

Legalisation is confirmation that an official document (e.g. maturity certificate or higher education diploma) is an original and valid one. You need to legalise a document if the country where it has been issued has not signed the Hague convention and is not listed here.

Usually, a document is legalised by a Polish consul in the country of the document's origin. Bring the document in question to the Polish consulate and ask about the legalisation procedure.

More information about legalisation of official documents required in the admission processes can be found on the Ministry of Science and Higher Education website.


Apart from obtaining an apostille for your documents or legalising them, remember that every document that has been issued in a language other than Polish or English as written above needs to be translated. The translation should be certified (in Poland it is called ‘a sworn translation'). In some cases, maturity certificates and higher education diplomas will also need to be nostrified once you arrive in Poland.